Who can apply?
- Students, researchers, academic and administrative staff from universities in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, FYR of Macedonia, Kosovo (as defined under UNSCR 1244/99), Montenegro, and Serbia (Target group 1, 2 or 3) who are nationals of one of these countries.
- Students, researchers, academic and administrative staff from partner universities in the EU (Target group 1) who are nationals of the EU.
- All applicants must have finished at least one year of university studies.
- Applicants from the Western Balkans cannot have spent more than a total of 12 months over the last 5 years in one of the EU countries (doesn't apply to staff & Target Group 3).
- Please note that you cannot accept other Erasmus Mundus grants for the same type of activity. This doesn't apply to staff.
Target group 1
Students, researchers, academic and administrative staff registered at one of the Western Balkan or EU partner universities. Applies to: undergraduate, master, doctoral students, post doctorate, academic and administrative staff.
Target group 2
Nationals of one of the Western Balkan countries registered in a higher education institution not included in the SIGMA consortium, or having graduated from any higher education institution in the Western Balkans.
Target group 3
Nationals of one of the Western Balkan countries in particularly vulnerable situations*, e.g. for political or social reasons.
- Having refugee status or asylum beneficiaries,
- It can be proved that they have been the object of unjustified expulsion from university,
- Internally Displaced Persons
NOTE: SIGMA 2nd COHORT IS AVAILABLE ONLY FOR TG 1 and TG 3 from the WESTERN BALKANS