WITHIN THE 2nd COHORT OF EMA2 SIGMA Agile ONLY TG 3 CANDIDATES FROM THE WESTERN BALKANS ARE ELIGIBLE!
IN ADDITION, TG 1 applicants from the following Western Balkan universities are eligible: University of Vlora, Shkodra University, Dzemal Bijedic University of Mostar, University of Bihac (they were underrepresented in the 1st cohort).
Any other TG 1 or TG 2 applications will NOT be valid.
No scholarships for staff.
No scholarships for the EU candidates.
No scholarships for full degree have been foreseen.
Who is covered by the scholarship scheme?
- Students, researchers, academic and administrative staff from universities in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo (as defined under UNSCR 1244/99), Montenegro, and Serbia who are nationals of one of these countries; graduates.
- Students, researchers, academic and administrative staff from partner universities in the EU (Target group 1 only) who are nationals of the EU.
- Applicants must belong to one of the target groups.
- Applicants must fulfill language requirements of the host university.
- All applicants on the undergraduate level must have finished at least one year of university studies.
- Applicants from the Western Balkans cannot have spent more than a total of 12 months over the last 5 years in one of the EU countries (doesn't apply to staff & Target Group 3).
- Please note that you cannot accept other Erasmus Mundus grants for the same type of activity. This doesn't apply to staff.
- It is NOT possible to apply from Western Balkan universities to other Western Balkan unversities and from the EU to the EU.
Target group 1
Students, researchers, academic and administrative staff registered at one of the Western Balkan or EU partner universities. Applicants from the Western Balkans should be nationals of one of the eligible Western Balkan countries (covered by the lot); applicants from the EU should be nationals of the EU. Applies to: undergraduate, master, doctoral students, post doctorates, academic and administrative staff.
Target group 2
Nationals of one of the eligible Western Balkan countries (covered by the lot) registered in a higher education institution in one of the eligible Western Balkan cuntries not included in SIGMA Agile Partnership, or having graduated from any higher education institution in one of the eligible Western Balkan countries. Applies to: master, doctoral students, post doctorates, academic and administrative staff.
Target group 3
Nationals of one of the eligible Western Balkan countries in particularly vulnerable situations, e.g. for political or social reasons*. Documents proving the vulnerability must be attached to the application. Applies to: undergraduate, master, doctoral students, post doctorates. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
- Having refugee status or asylum beneficiaries
- Internally Displaced Persons
- It can be proved that they have been the object of unjustified expulsion from university
- Some ethnic minorities who experienced discrimination (e.g. Roma)